This is the short-form, no explanation of the 28 Years, 28 Fitness Tips article I wrote yesterday. If you want more detail, read the long version.
1) Start with Why.
2) Achieving the right mindset is more important than the exercise or nutrition regime you choose to utilize.
3) Having purpose is far more effective than setting “Goals.”
4) Understand where you’re coming from.
5) Get started, taking action is more than half the battle.
6) Address Limiting Factors One at a Time
7) Once you’ve started that one thing, aim to achieve consistency with your new habit, behavior, or skill.
8) The journey is more important than the destination.
9) You need to commit to a process/plan/program.
10) That process/plan/program needs to last for at least 3 months in time.
11) Relate, Repeat, Re-frame
12) Emphasize Little Wins
13) Encouragement from others and developing internal motivation is far more important than external rewards for the little wins.
14) Eat Whole Food.
15) Cook most of your own food.
16) Healthy Food Consumption is Largely Based on Dosage and Variety.
17) Healthy Food Consumption is also largely based on ‘Nutrient Timing.’
18) The optimal diet for every person is remarkably different.
19) Supplements are just that, in place to supplement what should already be a healthy diet.
20) You Can’t Outrun your Diet
21) Resistance Train
22) Train Compound Movements, follow up with accessory movements as needed.
23) Train Explosive/Reactive Power
24) Think of ‘Cardio’ as ‘ESD’ instead.
25) Address your mobility (not just your flexibility)
25) The K.I.S.S. Principle
27) Stick to stuff you enjoy, or view as fun.
28) Work + Rest = Success