I’ve been meaning to write this post for a very long time, way back from when I wrote up our business manifesto in 2011.
Of course if you’re a regular at AofWL, then you kind of know the gist of what we’re aiming to educate on.
If you’re new though, then you may still be wondering what this site is all about (though not exactly written in stone…).
When I started writing this blog, obviously the main topic was/is weight loss, but I wanted to make sure I was giving practical advice for people who were frustrated by the empty promises of the majority of the fitness industry.
People who had unfortunately had their heads filled with a lot of non-sense.
Here are the basic principles by which I wanted to deliver you content:
The Art of Weight Loss Fitness Philosophy
(AKA The 15 Physical Commandments)
- Acquire a Coach or Mentor – Even Michael Jordan had a coach…
- Use Mindset as the Foundation of Physical Change.
- Think Long-Term – How will this affect you 10-20 years from now? Do no harm.
- Think Holistically – How does this affect your quality of life?
- Think ‘Continuous Improvement’ – Kaizen…
- Uncover Blocks/Limitations and Work Through Them
- Change One Thing at a Time
- Prepare for Adversity – You will hit road blocks at some point…
- Optimize – Make yourself more effective, not necessarily more efficient
- Focus on Actionable Skills, Habits and Behaviors
- Focus on Deliberate Practice
- Focus on Quality NOT Quantity – Work + Rest = Success
- Appeal to BOTH Sides of the Brain
- Be Mindful of Your Social Connections and Influence(s)
- Be Mindful of your Environment
If you’d like a formal PDF you can put on your wall, or maybe you just want to change a thing or two in the pursuit of making your own ‘Fitness Philosophy,’ feel free to download this for free.
These are not written in stone, like the tablets Moses had, these are just the top fifteen things I’ve identified that it helps to focus on and be mindful of if you want to lose weight and keep it off (or any other fitness pursuit really…).
If you have questions, leave a comment below and I’ll answer.